The Victorian Clay Court Championships – 6th – 10th April
Congratulations to the winners and finalists of the Victorian Clay Court Championships 2021. The womens singles final was won by Number 1 seed and current title holder Belinda Woolcock over Alana Parnaby 6-2 6-2. The Mens singles final was taken out by number 1 seed Dayne Kelly over Aaron Addison 6-3 6-4.
The entire tournament was a showcase of quality Australian tennis talent and Royal Park was proud to host this year’s event. We would also like to thank all the wonderful club members who volunteered their time to help create a great event
A Big thanks for Carole and Neil.
Recently the Ascot District Primary Schools held a tennis gala day which comprised 25 teams from 11 schools competing with an estimated 250 kids at our facility.
Neville Stephens, who was the organizing teacher has written a letter of appreciation thanking all involved. He singled out Carole Houston and the team at Royal Park Tennis Club for the use of the venue “Carole was very accommodating to our needs and she couldn’t have been more helpful to myself and our Ascot Vale Schools.”
Similarly, Carole has stated how well the day was organised and has praised the schools on their professional attitude and for looking after our venue.
It is great to see so many young kids enjoying our game and for Carole and Neil to receive acknowledgement.
Our facility is now open for members and public hire with restricted access.
Please note the following guidelines:
* Singles and doubles permitted.
* Individuals can only play for a maximum of two hours and one session daily.
* Hours are 8:30am- 9:00pm (Monday – Thursday) and 8:30am – 6:30pm (Friday – Sunday)
* Office staff will be onsite at these times.
* Book a court online and enter through the coded gate near court 10.
* Always have a mask available to use. Practice physical distancing at all time by being 1.5m apart.
* Use hand sanitiser - some is available on site.
* Every player must sign in – Via QR code or at the office window on arival/ before playing.
* Water your court before play, and bag afterwards.
* Once finished leave the club asap.
Spectators are not encouraged.
Bring your own racquet, sandshoes, balls and water bottle.
Womens Beginner Coaching - $80 for 8 weeks
We are excited to provide our Womens Beginners Tennis Program, with the help of a Grant from Sport and Recreation Victoria, at an extremely affordable cost with a professionally accredited coach. Two programs every term for all of 2021. One on Thursday afternoon and the other on Sunday afternoon.
This program is designed to help women get from a complete (or as near to complete) beginner to having the confidence to play tennis at a social level where you can feel good about joining a social tennis hit or playing with your friends.
For more information click here
To register click here https://play.tennis.com.au/RoyalParkTennisClub/Coaching
Annual Report 2020
click here for a copy if the 2020 Annual Report in PDF
Book a Court
Book a Court is for use between:-
8:30 am and 9.00 pm Monday to Thursday.
8:30 am and 6:30 pm Friday to Sunday.
Please report to the office.
Players can access their court by using the Pin provided when booking online.
Please ensure you play on the court you were allocated when booking.
Ensure you WATER court before use and Bag and Water after each set or 30 mins and at the end of play.
The club can be contacted on - 93801259 or 0419 560 436.
2020/ 2022 Membership
Membership for the 2020 -22 financial year is open. RPTC would like to remind all current members to renew their membership. We would also like to invite potential new members to consider our Club. For all Membership details please go to the Membership tab on this site and download the appropriate forms. There are many benefits with becoming a RPTC member here are some:
- * access to Club facilities – courts, clubhouses, playground, TV lounge/bar,
- * 14 great courts, with special rates (day & night); on-site staff to assist with bookings etc;
- * tennis options (social & competition), junior & adult choices; Personal Accident Insurance,
- * & various Tennis Victoria member benefits – see Tennis Victoria’s website – look under “member benefits”.