RPTC IS OPEN
Social Tennis is not currently available.
Please read all restrictions
Current COVID restrictions for Metropolitan Melbourne (29 September)
The Chief Health Officer's directives were published early this morning and the below is the advice from Tennis Victoria on an interpretation of these directives for tennis.
*As per the Stay at Home Directions recreational tennis (Book a court / casual court hire);
*Singles play can return for two people for participants who are not fully vaccinated.
* Doubles play can return for four people from no more than two households for fully vaccinated participants. Participants must carry proof of vaccination and may be required to show this to an authorised officer at any time.
* As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, in the instance where a person that has obtained certification from a medical practitioner that the person is unable, due to a medical contraindication, to receive a dose, or a further dose, of a COVID-19 vaccine; they are classified as an excepted person and are classified as fully vaccinated for the categories outlined above.
* Players must reside within 15km of the tennis facility that they are playing at and exercise activity can be for up to four hours.
* Face coverings are to be worn except if a medical exception applies. They can be removed when participating.
* Competition is not permitted.
* All tennis venues must have Service Victoria QR code check-in signage clearly displayed in a prominent location and all venue attendees must check in.
* Indoor facilities must remain closed.
Tennis Coaches fall under the Personal Training classification and follow the newly established COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions.
* Group coaching can return with two people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are not fully vaccinated).
* Group coaching can return with five people plus a coach (for participants and the coach who are all fully vaccinated). The coach must sight evidence of vaccination for all five people and record this information.
* Participants younger than 12 years of age are treated as a fully vaccinated person.
* As per the COVID-19 Vaccinated Activities Directions, there is a requirement of coaches or coaching business operators to collect, record, hold and sight vaccination information, if they are in excess of the patron limits.
Womens Beginner Coaching - $80 for 8 weeks
We are excited to provide our Womens Beginners Tennis Program, with the help of a Grant from Sport and Recreation Victoria, at an extremely affordable cost with a professionally accredited coach. Two programs every term for all of 2021. One on Thursday afternoon and the other on Sunday afternoon.
This program is designed to help women get from a complete (or as near to complete) beginner to having the confidence to play tennis at a social level where you can feel good about joining a social tennis hit or playing with your friends.
For more information click here
To register click here https://play.tennis.com.au/RoyalParkTennisClub/Coaching
Annual Report 2020
click here for a copy if the 2020 Annual Report in PDF
Book a Court
Book a Court is for use between:-
8:30 am and 9.00 pm Monday to Thursday.
8:30 am and 6:30 pm Friday to Sunday.
Please report to the office.
Players can access their court by using the Pin provided when booking online.
Please ensure you play on the court you were allocated when booking.
Ensure you WATER court before use and Bag and Water after each set or 30 mins and at the end of play.
The club can be contacted on - 93801259 or 0419 560 436.
2020/2021 or 2021/ 2022 Membership
Membership for the 2020-21 or 2021-22 financial year is open. RPTC would like to remind all current members to renew their membership. We would also like to invite potential new members to consider our Club. For all Membership details please go to the Membership tab on this site and download the appropriate forms. There are many benefits with becoming a RPTC member here are some:
- * access to Club facilities – courts, clubhouses, playground, TV lounge/bar,
- * 14 great courts, with special rates (day & night); on-site staff to assist with bookings etc;
- * tennis options (social & competition), junior & adult choices; Personal Accident Insurance,
- * & various Tennis Victoria member benefits – see Tennis Victoria’s website – look under “member benefits”.